Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014 Pantone Color of the Year

Well, the color gods have chosen their almighty color for 2014, and it is Radiant Orchid. Pastel goths rejoice, for your time has come. From the press release: 

“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”







Styling tips:
  • Pair it with grays and whites for a washed-out/pastel goth look
  • Pair it with red and black for a dramatic look (see my second polyvore set)
  • Looks great with gradients/ombre
  • If you want real stone jewelry, look for a midgrade amethyst...this is the lighter purple
  • The color looks great against the skin of light-skinned/pale folks, so sunglasses, jewelry, shirts, lace are good options
  • Great for lowlights or ombre hair styles


Radiant Orchid

Radiant Orchid

Radiant Orchid by ahp259 featuring a motorcycle jacket

Are you a fan of the color? Do you own anything in this color (lol I don't). Would you wear it? Style tips? Share in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting, as I love dark purple but not much of a fan of orchid purple, well maybe on hair and clothes. I do have an amethyst silver ring, and it looks absolutely gorgeous! Amethyst is also my zodiac color, so I have a connection to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you post a picture of your ring in a past post? I'd love, love to see it!

      Delete
  2. Interesting color. I like it. I have one thing in this color and that's a pair of converse. Now I'm going to try to pair them with something red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. red socks! I'm normally neither a fan of purple or red, but this light purple and a deep red look really great together.

      Delete
  3. I Love this color, sooo much more than the last two years' colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Emerald is too vivid. and TANGERINE???? what?? what can you wear with tangerine?!?!?

      Delete