Monday, May 8, 2017

How do you wear this?!

So a bad habit I have when I'm shopping is that I sometimes get something just because it's weird, even when I don't know what to do with it. I saw this collar in the sale section of a high-end department store and thought it looked bizarre... And I liked the blood splatter pattern. It was wierd and creepy... And I had no idea what to do with it but thought I'd figure something out.


It had been marked down from $400 (yes...400) to $40, so I was like, what a bargain! Weird collars seem to be the designer's, Aganovich, thing.

So I've seen people wear detachable collars on a bare neckline, but that always reminded me of male strippers.

Actually this doesn't look too bad... Probably because it isn't a basic Oxford collar. And it's kind of on trend with those dumb deconstructed shirt trend that's going on these days.... Maybe I should try again with a button up collar shirt where I button them all wrong

Buh... This was the only button shirt I have that kind of fits with the color scheme...my interview shirt. I can't explain why, but it looks weird to me...



So here I am, wearing it backwards like a bib thing, and with black. I feel the shirt needs to match the colors of the collar.... Otherwise it looks like I'm about to eat lobster or something...

Ugh I don't get it... Why can't I make this work! 

4 comments:

  1. Lol male strippers. I have the same problem, I'll buy something because it's cool then I realize I have nothing to go with it, so I have to buy more pieces for my wardrobe and it becomes like an endless spiral of buying. I was going to say wear it with a black dress or top with tight neckline, most vintage styles utilized collars like this with dress and blouses, but you're right about the color. It probably would look good with a red or gray dress or top, maybe accented with a gothy brooch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right about the vintage styles....I really don't have many--vintage isn't my thing. Lol spiral of buying indeed!

      Delete
  2. I am highly intrigued by this piece of clothing....I think I would try wearing it over a shirt that doesn't have an open neckline and then putting a blazer or open leather jacket over top of it so it kind of wears like a scarf and peeks out through the open jacket/blazer. I agree with Ladyfair above, I also think it would look cool with a grey or red dress. I HATE when I buy something and can't figure out what to do with it.....even though I usually end up figuring it out at some point. Maybe it is just one of those pieces that needs to marinate in the closet until the right thing comes along or an idea comes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've actually had this marinating for a year! I tried pink, but the pink didn't match exactly... The only red dress I have is this preppy cheerleader thing... No way that would match...lol I should just take this collar shopping with me. The scarf idea is a good one

      Delete